Former WSOP Main Event Champ Arrested in Undercover Prostitution Sting
Greek myths mirror real life with tales of success and debauchery, pride and humiliation, and secrets that lead to dastardly results. We all remember poker pro Mike ‘The Mouth’ Matusow’s 2003 cocaine arrest that eventually led up to a six-month stint in Clark County jail on charges of felony control with intent to sell. In fact, the list of poker player scandals, maybe not surprisingly, is colorful indeed, and you can now add 2004 World number of Poker Main Event champion Greg Raymer to that particular list: he had been arrested in very early March after responding to a ad that is website prostitutes. Unfortuitously for him, the ad was a sting put up by North Carolina police, in which he ended up being nabbed, one presumes, when he showed up to meet their hooker at a police-selected hotel. Raymer is married, and was allegedly searching for some action on the part. Even though story originally reported that it was a prostitution that is male, that apparent mistake had been quickly amended. Whoops.
Wake Forest, new york police say that 48-yr-old Raymer ‘was one of six men whom reacted to an advertisement posted by undercover police on a site usually 1984 short summary employed by prostitutes.’
Wake Forest police chief Jeffrey Leonard added that ‘the locations prostitutes choose for this type of criminal activity vary, and seldom stay equivalent for over a day or two at time, which makes enforcement difficult. In this example, we conducted the operation at a neighborhood hotel with its full cooperation. Our company is not aware of this type of criminal task ever occurring at the resort [before]. Our officers selected the hotel for the undercover operation at random.’
Raymer was certainly one of six men arrested, and while certainly the absolute most well-known (now notorious), he was not the only man having a image that is high-profile. Among the other six were Kevin Scott Konarzewksi, president of Complete Inventory Services; Christopher Burrell Shella, managing director of Shella, Harris & Aus P.C and an attorney that is former Mangum; and Robert Hancock, vice-president of sales and marketing at MobileSmith.
Bail for several these ‘gentlemen’ had been set at $1,000, and court appearances for 18th april. Police said the sting procedure was ‘a pre-emptive measure to fight the nationwide trend that is growing of.’
Ricky, you got some ‘splainin’ to do.
1,400 Layoff Notices for Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino Staff
1,434 of Atlantic City’s Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino workers have been served layoff notices, warning them they may lose their jobs on May 10. The hotel ownership is expected to have transitioned from the current owners, to the new owners, the Meruelo Group by that point.
The notices are largely regarded as a formality however, and another lawfully needed by the present owner in case the new owner will not wish to retain some or each of the staff that is existing. The layoff notices are expected under New Jersey’s WARN (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act) system.
Curiously, neither Trump nor Meruelo has taken credit for the filing of the layoff notices, which happened this week with the nj-new jersey Department of Labor. Trump lawyer John Donnelly flatly denied that Trump had filed the layoffs, while Meruelo has stated they wouldn’t even have the legal directly to do so, because they are maybe not the current owner. The purchase of the hotel is likely to be finalized by May 31.
However, regardless of the notices Meruelo Group has every intention of keeping as many current employees as possible according to the business’s president and chief investment officer, Xavier Gutierrez.
‘Absolutely, a number that is substantial be rehired, but we’re unsure how that may transpire,’ Gutierrez said earlier in the day this week in a interview.
The layoff notices and sale come at time if the Trump Plaza Casino has plummeted to your base regarding the Atlantic City casino rankings. The casino grossed just $102.5 million from slots and dining table games in 2012, and its fortunes haven’t improved any in 2013. Profits for February were down 42% from the period that is same year ago to simply $5.2 million, also dead last amongst the twelve Atlantic City casinos.
Industry sources anticipate Meruelo will pour their resources into turning the casino around and lifting it from the bottom associated with the positioning.
‘ We think this company will spend a large amount of cash on the property to create it up to where it requires to be, much like Golden Nugget and Resorts did,’ casino union president Bob McDevitt said of Meruelo’s purchase of the Trump Plaza.
McDevitt added he doesn’t expect Meruelo to make any job cuts once they officially take over as owners regarding the hotel and casino.
Baltimore Casino Construction Temporarily On Hold Following Lawsuit
An organization of five area citizens have actually brought construction on Ceasars Horseshoe Casino on Russell Street in south Baltimore to a grinding halt. Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Yolanda Tanner issued a restraining that is temporary in light regarding the lawsuit, halting construction crews which had just begun focus on the website this week.
The citizen group launched the lawsuit against the Baltimore casino, claiming the casino group never offered residents the opportunity to address their issues about the impact that is environmental of casino’s development in the building site, or the alterations in its proposed action plan. That site on Russell Street once housed a complex that is industrial and pollutants were found in the soil seven years ago.
The casino project is backed by city and state officials, and the Maryland Department of Environment (MDE) did execute a research on the site and drew up an action plan regarding the possible contaminants found there. Nonetheless, the residents state they had been never ever allowed to discuss the plan or raise some of city or state officials to their concerns, and that the plan was later on changed as well.
‘The environment is being ignored, the river that is middle being ignored, so that the hope is that those responses is taken notice of and that the more comprehensive remedy would be put in spot before the structures go up and eradicate the possibility to eliminate the hotspots of contaminated soil,’ environmental attorney Timothy Henderson said.
Solicitors for the town of Baltimore have responded by saying the lawsuit is frivolous, and that the seemingly heroic, underdog residents behind it are now simply puppets being directed from the shadows by a mystery organization bent on delaying the casino’s development.
‘The inspiration with this litigation that is expensive hardly be to own one more ‘informational meeting’ about the voluntary cleanup associated with the casino site,’ town lawyers Matthew W. Nayden and Daniel J. Sparaco had written inside their reaction to the lawsuit. ‘More likely these interests are served by derailing this complex, time-sensitive construction work.’
They also suggest that Caesars ended up being under no obligation to look for input from area residents regarding the action plan for the building site, which the MDE additionally disputes.
More hearings on the matter are planned.
Taylor ‘s Got It Made with William Hill Jackpot
Who says you have to gamble big to win big? Well certainly not Mr. that is 45-year-old Taylor the UK whom was visited by Lady Luck recently when his struggle for sleep prior up to a night shift tempted him into the web gambling world.
Taking his chances on the slots at William Hill, Taylor spun the wheel for just 20 pence and doubtless struggled further to catch some rest after a staggering win of £258,670.
‘It’s still not really sunk in,’ said Taylor, a self-confessed darts fanatic. ‘It’s about the equivalent of two decades’ wages as I won’t pay tax on my winnings.’
‘It’s maybe not enough for me to retire, but will make life lot easier,’ added the Burnley resident. ‘I won’t be worrying all about the bills and I also’ll have the ability to go wherever I want on holiday.’
As if the story doesn’t appear exciting enough, it turns out that Taylor destroyed his web connection to the William Hill site within simple seconds of their triumph. He remained oblivious to his big win until he logged back on to see a considerably increased balance in their online account.
Taylor hasn’t received the title of biggest champion on the William Hill slots, as 23-year-old barman from Doncaster, Lien Bailey, hit an even larger win early last year when he struck it lucky into the ‘Millionaires Club’.
The ultimate slots prize goes to Ly Sam, a Vietnamese-American online gambling enthusiast who pocketed $55,542,296.73 despite the huge sums won by the Englishmen after spinning the tires for just ten cents in the Polazzo Club at the Sheraton resort in Ho Chi Minh City.
Initially, the casino declined to honor the jackpot considering that the record sum was actually a technical glitch. However, Sam was awarded the amount of 1.5 million Dong that is vietnamese after ruling by the District 1 Peoples Court in Ho Chi Minh City settled and only the gamer.
So while you may never ever know when Lady Luck is going to grace her presence, it is worth keeping in mind that these stories are one-in-a-million stories of luck. But time that is next’re struggling to sleep, it may be well worth the 20 pence spin just to see what goes on.